Members Committee Members
Meet our fantastic Members’ Committee. The Members’ Committee are volunteers. What do they do? The group meets every six weeks and their role is to
- Get involved in consultations and any Wirral Mencap campaigns
- Support Wirral Mencap with recruitment interviews
- Represent Wirral Mencap to other organisations, members of the public, companies, other Mencap organisations
- Make links with other learning disability organisations
- Present at the Wirral Mencap AGM
- Help with fundraising events and activities
Learning Disability Advocates
A Learning Disability Advocate (LDA) is a person who speaks up for themselves and other people with a learning disability.
They can also be a parent or carer.
Learning Disability Advocates show services how to do better.
- Listen to people with a learning disability and carers to hear their opinions
- Work with services to change how they do things – this is called coproduction
- Speak up at local or national meetings, events and workshops
Learning Disability Trainers
A Learning Disability Trainer (LDT) is someone who helps to co-produce and deliver training. This is a paid job and LDT’S will receive money for the work they do.
- Help to deliver training to professionals and people with a learning disability
- Come up with new ideas to help us co-produce training sessions or services
- Talk and listen to people with a learning disability and professionals to hear their ideas and experiences